Beck's guitar life

I agree with John Sabotta on this one (noted in the last paragraph), that Beck's My Guitar Life is his best piece of writing. I was moved by it when I first read it, and believe that it is strong enough to be the basis for a screenplay. It's a classic.

In fact, right around the same time that Beck wrote My Guitar Life, Sabotta was writing some high quality stuff himself. It's rumored that Beck and Sabotta and Lynette Warren, who also penned some fine work around that time, all had one thing in common -- an annoying, demanding, encouraging editor who believed in them as writers.

Comments

You talkin' to me?

Seriously, My Guitar Life only needed someone with a venue pushing you for something. It had little to do with my actual skills as an editor. And I'm absolutely serious when I say it could be adapted as a screenplay. It's a great story, with resonating subtexts, and great characters.

Popular Posts