Yes, I understand...

...that diplomacy demands the passing of all sorts of baseless and fictional pleasantries among and between nations. But as much as I like Cond Rice, as I see her engage in such drivel...

WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Saturday that European allies are ready to mend relations frayed by the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

"I think what we're hearing from Europe is a desire to move on to the next chapter in this great alliance," Rice said after meeting with Poland's foreign minister, Adam Rotfeld.

...with the Europeans, the more I think about how doomed said "great alliance" is. Not that we are likely to become outright enemies with Europe, but just how worthless Europe is as an ally. We've carried the water for those chumps for so long that they are exactly as Victor Davis Hanson describes them, like grown children living at home with their parents.

Comments

Popular Posts