Not the usual answer

The usual answer is "it's way too early to talk about that; we've just had an election." So what's up? To me, this represents nervousness, not confidence, not overconfidence. At this rate, by the time real presidential undertakings begin in 2007, Hillary will be stale(r). I do not hold to the conventional wisdom that Hillary is the automatic choice for the Democrats. I think that the times are passing the Clintons by, and that they do not have the wherewithal to catch up. That's just my gut feeling about the both of them:
TOKYO - Former President Clinton said Sunday that his wife, Hillary, would be an excellent choice as the first female leader of the world's most powerful nation.

In an interview with Japan's TV Asahi, Clinton said he did not know whether his wife, the senator of New York state, has any plans to one day run for the presidency.

"I don't know if she'll run or not," he told the network, but added, "She would make an excellent president, and I would always try to help her."

Comments

Popular Posts